New Tap running Foam

Joe Peters

HELP PLEASE

Just installed a two tower tap...right side runs perfect, left side runs foam.

Swapped kegs...same result so isolated not the keg.

Does the length of the line (too long) have an affect?

I can see bubbles in the line

A longer hose will result in lower pressure at the faucet, so, all other things being equal, a longer hose will foam less than a shorter one. Is the beer coming out of the faucet quickly? If so, try a longer hose. Temperature also affects foaming: the warmer, the more foam. Does the left side stay foamy after the first pint? Lastly, a disturbance in flow (e.g. a rough surface or kinked hose) can knock CO2 out of solution. If you don't have any luck with the hose length or temperature, look at your connections and faucet to see if you can find a rough edge in there. Maybe swap the faucets to see if you can isolate that.

Hose length, temperature, height (rise), and regulator pressure all play a part in foam dynamics. I personally have long lines because I like higher carbed beers. My first pint is usually foamy, and the first few ounces of the day aren't usually very good, so I always dump the first 3 oz or so from a tap the first run of the day. After that it usually runs well, but my system is properly balanced. If you have 2 lines and 1 of them pours fine, I'd first try to match line length to the "good" one.

Hose length, temperature, height (rise), and regulator pressure all play a part in foam dynamics. I personally have long lines because I like higher carbed beers. My first pint is usually foamy, and the first few ounces of the day aren't usually very good, so I always dump the first 3 oz or so from a tap the first run of the day. After that it usually runs well, but my system is properly balanced. If you have 2 lines and 1 of them pours fine, I'd first try to match line length to the "good" one.

Thanks Dan...all set

Back