Recent content by Dhadley

1. Dhadley

Stuck Fermentation

I moved the fermenter to a cooler place and it started to bubble again. When I took a reading yesterday, it only moved 2 points. I added the cherry concoction to see what happens next. I see no reason to brew a new batch with no hops, just to hope it works. Another yeast strain is also on my...
  2. Dhadley

Stuck Fermentation

Beer Smith claims the OG was going to be 1075. My mash temp was 155ish same with sparge water. When I cooled and took the reading, it came out as 1050. I added some DME to bring it up to about 1065. Imperial Yeast boasts 200 billion cells per pack. More than enough to handle the beer. However, I...
  3. Dhadley

Stuck Fermentation

I hear kviek is the way to go these days. Might give that a try too.
  4. Dhadley

Stuck Fermentation

I am brewing an experimental beer and very underwhelmed with the progress. I was challenged to make a Cheesecake inspired beer. I started with 2 row and added some biscuit and wheat malts. Beer Smith put my starting gravity at 1.075, which I missed by about 15 or so points. I was able to...
  5. Dhadley

Tasting Glasses

Are there anymore Big Brew Day tasting glasses left from this year's event? Mine met an unfortunate end. :(
  6. Dhadley

Big Brew Day

What is the situation for cooling wort on big brew day? If I bring a counterflow chiller, will there be a cold water source available? Should I bring ice water and a pump? Just rely on an ice bath?
  7. Dhadley

Yeast Starters

I have always dumped the whole flask in. Make the starter 24 hours before and pitch it when the yeast is still hungry for more.
Back