Recent content by JamesHolland

1. JamesHolland

Who's brewing on Saturday for the virtual Big Brew Day?

Hey I think I might want a little of that ;) Just finished cleaning and everything. about 6 gallons of a short and shoddy 2-row/Pils with Pahto and Nelson Sauvin. Fermenting in the Mash and Boil with some reused Oslo slurry
  2. JamesHolland

Interesting Beer & Brewing Articles

Ph and Brewing with Kveik: How to make crispy beers
  3. JamesHolland

Interesting Beer & Brewing Articles

The Wild Yeast from Usciences will be produced by Lallemand! Edit: I wounder if this is the sourvicae I've heard about on podcasts
  4. JamesHolland

The Love Run - March 29 2019

Hi All, and especially the (Un)official Barley Legal Running CLub! The Love Run is open for registration in March. The 29th is a Sunday and there is a 7k (4.38 miles) and half marathon option. I am thinking of doing the 7k and wanted to see if anyone else was interested. Details here...
  5. JamesHolland

Keezer Builld

Nice man! Looks good!
  6. JamesHolland

Stuck Fermentation

SO my original thought was maybe your pH was too low. But then I went to the Imperial website, "An exclusive blend containing a low attenuating Belgian saison yeast, Lactobacillus, and three Brettanomyces yeast strains. This blend is great for emulating lambics, Flanders reds, sour farmhouse...
  7. JamesHolland

Escarpment Labs of Canada Kveik article

Yes, I think with Oslo I will treat is more as a regular ale yeast, at least in pitching, and see where that goes. Just need a day to brew
  8. JamesHolland

Something akin to rotting meat maybe?
  9. JamesHolland

An update on my experience (and absolutely no fault of Matt Torbik, who did provide a disclaimer about his dried flakes): I did an Irish Red Ale with Dried Oslo flakes. Pitched 2 bags of dried flakes (no idea what weight the flakes were) into about 4.5 gallons of about 1.040 wort at 90F...
  10. JamesHolland

Filtering Beer during Transfer

The first thing that comes to mind is the Bouncer beer filter. If you scroll down you can get to the "home" version. I have not used them personally but I believe the reviews are good. It sounds like you're pressure transferring, but if you're not, you can go to your homebrew store, get a...
  11. JamesHolland

Tasting Glasses

We are pretty sure we're all out. My condolences for your loss :(
  12. JamesHolland

That's what I'm hoping for
  13. JamesHolland

Awesome! Definitely bring some to the meeting (if any is left). I might have to swing by to try that one!
  14. JamesHolland

I'm interested in trying "traditional" styles with Kveik yeast at ambient temps. I was on the homebrewing slack channel and some of those members were talking about "Kveik-toberfest", an oktoberfest with that yeast, as well as cider. The cider really peaked my interest. I think a barleywine...
  15. JamesHolland

https://www.escarpmentlabs.com/single-post/2019/07/16/Using-Norwegian-Kveik-Old-Yeast-New-Tricks for your reading pleasure ;) Using Norwegian Kveik: Old Yeast, New Tricks July 16, 2019 | Richard Preiss It seems like everyone these days is talking about Norwegian kveik yeasts, due to the...