Recent content by John Pursglove

1. John Pursglove

Escarpment Labs of Canada Kveik article

If I experiment with my dried Oslo again I will make a big starter a few days before and make sure I am not under pitching the yeast.
  2. John Pursglove

Update on the olso beer I used dried yeast from and made a starter 1 liter with about 4 grams of the dried Oslo. After a week my gravity was stuck at 1.030 original was 1.058. I just pitched some hot hed in there hopefully to pick up where the Oslo left off.
  3. John Pursglove

I thought it smelled pretty wierd when I fermented the Oslo chips. from the meeting I found the beer tastes fine though. Dried some of that slurry and some of the krausen used it again this week didn't notice the smell this time. Gravity was about 10 points higher and I made a starter with...
  4. John Pursglove

Filtering Beer during Transfer

If you can cold crash you are probably better off doing that. I tried the filter thing years ago and it didn't work all that great a lot of beer gets lost in the process. I used to add gelatine to my primary fermentor while cold crashing. I haven't done that lately either and after cold...
  5. John Pursglove

So 7 days later the two hearted clone is still in the basement at 72 and chugging away like a pop every couple seconds from the airlock. Also still a thick krausen on top. The Hazy IPA finished by Sunday and is now cold crashing. Got down to 1.006 from 1.066
  6. John Pursglove

I'm going to try some other styles too. Hopefully soon. Trying to get alot of brewing done this week but the weather is gonna make it tough.
  7. John Pursglove

I just pitched a pack of Omega Hornindal into a mason jar yesterday. Put about 3T spoons into a hazy ipa that I chilled to about 105 around 1PM. Have a heating pad and heavy winter coat on the fermenter to try to keep it at 95ish. By 7PM The blowoff was going nots and the krausen was high...
  8. John Pursglove

RoboBrew, Grainfather etc

I recently converted to Electric. Nice brewing in the warmer garage. My system was an original unibrau 5 gallon setup. Found it on craig's list. Just did some upgrades to it.
  9. John Pursglove

Mexican Stout

Awesome thanks for the info. Tim that was delicious btw.
  10. John Pursglove

Mexican Stout

I recall someone pouring a mexican stout at Big Brew day. I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of brewing one myself. Any help will be appreciated. I have found a few recipes online but they are all over the place. Thanks. John
  11. John Pursglove

Untappd Barport Brewery 4 taps of home brew always changing

Untappd Barport Brewery 4 taps of home brew always changing
  12. John Pursglove

Water chemistry

Hi Andy. That would be awesome. Thanks for the sheet link too.
  13. John Pursglove

Water chemistry

Thank you. They are the local water department.
  14. John Pursglove

Water chemistry

Hi I am wondering if anyone has a general idea of the water profile for the Audubon NJ area. We use NJ American Water. I contacted them but they sent me partial information from like 10 years ago. Thanks.