Recent content by Josh Atzert

1. Josh Atzert

Gov signs bill to relax brewery restrictions

Biggest win: "This bill allows the holder of restricted brewery license to manufacture more beer per year. These license holders also would be entitled to directly sell and distribute to retailers 50 percent of the beer that is produced on premises in each year."...
  2. Josh Atzert

Burlington County water profile

https://forum.southjerseyfermentationclub.com/index.php?posts/5435 Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
  3. Josh Atzert

Burlington County water profile

I think this is it... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KGstcR3zZ_46q0n1wCOXRiLBCulmJUbG0AxoUvvoZKk/edit?usp=drivesdk Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
  4. Josh Atzert

Malt Madness

They mostly post information on their social media sites like: The rules kinda say it starts when the bar opens and goes until one keg is kicked first. Tonewood and Flying Fish are knocked out already.
  5. Josh Atzert

Bulk honey /maple syrup buy 2023?

Last call! Placing Order before the weekend!
  6. Josh Atzert

Supplies Options.

FYI they now have a promo as well. Online purchase use code OMEGA get 25% Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
  7. Josh Atzert

Supplies Options.

John, This is directly from Anthony H at the Philly Homebrew Outlet(West) store: "I'm ordering from Omega this week and will be ordering some. Those strains have typically sold much better in NJ than in Philly. So I typically keep the inventory on those lean. That being said I can absolutely...
  8. Josh Atzert

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wdbz1l0YsHf3aGLByViSgY2FbIyjLTUPe6aHqzn5thc/edit?usp=sharing Please let me know if you want to order. I will need to call Dutch Gold and place the bulk order before Tues Feb 21st. I should be able to bring everything to the March meeting, if not find it a...
  9. Josh Atzert

Supplies Options.

I believe they, Philly Homebrew, have scheduled pick ups for orders at Tonewood Oaklyn. I'd call them for specifics, but their mailing list said as such. Personally I've stayed away from NB as much as possible. I don't brew as much beer. Therefore it's more reasonable for me. Sent from my...
  10. Josh Atzert

I will be traveling out to York, PA in a few weeks for work. I would be glad to make a pit stop at Dutch Gold Honey in Lancaster. Would anyone be keen to save on shipping? Last I recall they need a week's or so notice for bulk orders. I'd be glad to discuss at the February meeting at...
  11. Josh Atzert

Hard Seltzer Bare Bones recipe construction

Hoping to get recommendations on hard seltzer recipes. Below I attached an online recipe from Northern Brewer. I'd guess it's not critical on the sugars(granulated or finer like dextrose), but are their any recommendations on yeast nutrition (tosna, etc)? Also does water chemistry make a...
  12. Josh Atzert

Omega Lutra for cider or mead?

I agree with Pursglove's comments. I have used it several times for meads. The highest I've used it to was the previously mentioned 11 percent. However, I imagine if you give it the proper nutrition (front heavy and/or staggered first 72hrs) and rehydration it could crunch through a lot. Sent...
  13. Josh Atzert

Berkley Engineered Yeast - Tropical

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season, and are well. I was watching a homebrewing YouTube channel's video(linked below) about this very interesting engineered Yeast Strain. The Strain is said to produce tropical fruit aromas and fruity tastes. The video shows a Hazy IPA brew and...
  14. Josh Atzert

November Meeting 7:00 PM @ Spellbound Brewing with Special Guest Jason Macias

Any particularly important rules or tips brought up for Saturday's 10+1 Party? Parking, bottles, etc? I wish I could of made it to the meeting, thank you in advance!
  15. Josh Atzert

How to Make Mead - Demo Day - SATURDAY MARCH, 20 Time: 10:00 AM

This is exactly what I was hoping to understand. Thank you.
Back