Search results

1. Mtorbik

Split batch extract issue

I don't know that kvieks are super attenuating. I actually had a high temp mashed beer stop at 1.035 with Voss. Kinda odd all three stopped at 1.020 though.
  2. Mtorbik

Reusing Unwashed Yeast

Late to the party on this one... But I have conicals so when I harvest, use a hose to a mason jar. Dump the first bit and then save the rest that comes out. I almost always take from that and do a starter for the next batch. So thats the extent of "washing" it gets. I've used yeast off dark...
  3. Mtorbik

Kilkenny clone

If you don't have a nitro tank but want a "faux" nitro effect but have an extra CO2 tank ... Here is what I have done.... BTW you WILL waste a lot of CO2 this way.... I have low carbed the beer in the keg. When ready to serve I blast the keg with 30-35 psi and poured it through the stout...
  4. Mtorbik

Who's brewing on Saturday for the virtual Big Brew Day?

Me. 15 gallons of German Liechtbier
  5. Mtorbik

Stuck Fermentation

What about pitching some French saison yeast into it? It's usually a monster attenuator. Belgian saison yeasts are notorious for a the 1.030 stall. Every time we've used on (granted not the sour batch kids pitch) we've had to bump the temps to 80 or higher to get them to continue on. Not sure...
  6. Mtorbik

Escarpment Labs of Canada Kveik article

I've only underpitched with the Hornidal and Voss.. The Oslo I've always treated as regular yeast. Did starters and built up the colony.
  7. Mtorbik

Yeast Starters

There actually was a brulosophy about this and in that exbeeriment it made no difference. For me it depends on how much fermenter head space I have. I've done both pitch the whole starter... And chill & decant. I haven't had it seem to make a difference. Have you ever tasted decanted starter...
  8. Mtorbik

Ferbruary Meeting 2/5

Thanks for the opportunity to share. It was an awesome experience just to watch everyone's reactions. No one told me they hated either beer so I'll take that as a win either way! Cheers everyone.
  9. Mtorbik

January Meeting Competitions

Garden state says 2-12oz bottles Krausen cup is the 2nd attachment 3-12oz or 2-22oz
  10. Mtorbik

Should be ready to bottle in 3 weeks so it doesn't leave me a ton of time. I'll probably have to ship it 2 day shipping since they are due the 23rd.
  11. Mtorbik

I'm interested in Krausen cup.... I've never shipped beer before (legally) so if anyone wants to combine shipping I'm all for that!
  12. Mtorbik

BL Food Drive 11/15/2018 At the Pour House

I can't make the event but I have @ a half sixtel of a hefeweizen I can send if you can serve from a sanke keg
  13. Mtorbik

BeerSmith 3 Thoughts

So my buddies and I upgraded and got the subscription so we can share recipes together with the cloud. We've been 100% mobile since the start. Would like to try the desktop version since we purchased it... But I'd have to sacrifice a brew day just to have the time to figure it all out.