Search results

1. John Pursglove

How to Make Mead - Demo Day - SATURDAY MARCH, 20 Time: 10:00 AM

Thanks again Ron this information is very helpful.
  2. John Pursglove

So i Googled and found honey is 35 ppp so divided by 5 gallons = 7 points added per pound. I'm not looking for a super sweet mead so I will probably add about a pound after I stabilize the mead. Can I just rack off say a gallon of finished mead into my secondary carboy and dissolve the honey...
  3. John Pursglove

Hi Frank. Thank you. So another question to raise gravity how much honey to add say 10 points to 5 gallons.
  4. John Pursglove

Hi Ron. I am measuring a PH of about 3 FG 0.995 taste is very dry. 8.1% I have 5 gallons of mead. I have K meta in the powder form. Another question after adding Kmeta and stabilizing in primary let that sit for a day or two can I rack onto some honey to back sweeten without stirring?
  5. John Pursglove

Hi Ron. First I would like to say thank you for answering all of our questions. This will become a great resource for meadmaking. The ABV is at 8.1% I will check the PH in a little while. I have a 5 gallon carboy and a 3 gallon carboy. I need to have very little headspace is the idea, right...
  6. John Pursglove

My session mead is now probably done fermenting. Gravity is below 1.000 I bottomed out my test jar around .999. I guess I need a bigger test jar. Assuming this is done. Does this mean it's time to rack into a smaller vessel? I made 5 gallons and was looking to split this into a couple...
  7. John Pursglove

3rd Annual Garden State Homebrew Competition

So how many entered from our club? I entered two beers.
  8. John Pursglove

So how do they figure out homebrew club of the year?
  9. John Pursglove

ONE & DONE? A VIRTUAL HOMEBREW COMP

I will have two entries. @Brian Pylant are you doing pickups at PHO?
  10. John Pursglove

I entered 2 Beers hoping to bottle this week. I'm working on borrowing a bench capper. Also entering the same two beers in One and Done.
  11. John Pursglove

So I jumped in and made 5 gallons of session mead. 1.058 used 7.9# of honey and topped up to 5 gallons. I didn't add anything I figured I will split it up and add fruit and stuff later. I used Beersmith 3 to build the recipe. It was pretty easy and on the yeast starter tab you can Choose...
  12. John Pursglove

@jimfish at Philly Homebrew was very helpful with this for me. I got a couple 2 gallon buckets a de-gasser for the drill, Fermaid - O nutrient, GoFerm and D-47 yeast. Here is the calculator he pointed me to https://georgiamead.com/tools/mead-nutrient-addition-calculator which seems to be very...
  13. John Pursglove

https://www.gshomebrewcomp.com/
  14. John Pursglove

Jockey Box Cleaning

Yes mine is like 600 GPH similar to this but older model. I bought it many years ago and it just keeps going even submersed in PBW or beer line cleaner. Also I typically do 4 taps not sure how many more I could daisy chain...
  15. John Pursglove

Jockey Box Cleaning

I would do what Matt is doing here. Get a carb cap type thing with a barb and re-circulate. Though I do it all at once take that silicone return line and loop it to the next tap (shorter lengths are better.) Open all the taps and keep daisy chaining together except the last one in the line run...
  16. John Pursglove

2021 February Zoom Meeting with Dave Carpenter

Great meeting! Thanks for arranging to have Dave on.
  17. John Pursglove

What’s everyone brewing

I brewed a "nut brown" ale and an Altbier on Saturday. Trying to use up the specialty malts I have lying around before buying more.
  18. John Pursglove

What’s everyone brewing

Just brewed a stout with malted milk powder. Hoping for whoppers. I get the chocolate but malt powder is lacking.
  19. John Pursglove

Reusing Unwashed Yeast

I have done this several times with good results.