Search results

1. John Pursglove

Little Brew Day

I am hosting a little brew day this Saturday at my house in Audubon, NJ as I announced at the March meeting. There is a post in the member section with more details. If you have any questions you can send me a message on here. Added recipe link https://share.brewfather.app/RninmtzQ0KAPmx
  2. John Pursglove

Big Brew Day

We are having our Big Brew Day festival once again in Oaklyn. Saturday May 4th. 12 - 4:00 If you plan on brewing we need to know by April 15th. Tell your friends! Tickets will be available in the store soon. Setup 9:00 Open to public 12:00 Close 4:00 Cleaned up and gone by 5:00 Sign up sheet...
  3. John Pursglove

Fermented Bulk buy

https://www.fermentednj.com/shopfermented/Bulk-Grain-p377103273 Save a few bucks buy some base grain in bulk
  4. John Pursglove

November 4th Food drive and festival

The event is next Saturday in Oaklyn. 12 - 4 setup between 9 and 12. If anyone wants to serve at the event please fill out the sign up sheet here
  5. John Pursglove

Bus Trip November 18th Human Robot Haus & Imprint Brewery Rescheduled trip new locations *official announcement*

Saturday November 18th. Tickets $25 for club members and $30 for non-members. Tickets are available in the store now disregard old graphics and descriptions. Leaving at 9:30 AM from Cherry Hill Double Tree Rt 70 and Cuthbert Road park closest to Cooper River Park (North Park Drive.) It is...
  6. John Pursglove

Homebrew Contest King's Road Brewery

At Ales on the Rails King's Road had flyers for a Home Brew Contest. Entries are due the first weekend of June.
  7. John Pursglove

Big Brew Day Brewers

If anyone who has not signed up wants to brew at Big Brew day we need to know. We need to get permits from the fire Marshall and they ask for two weeks in advance. Here is a link to the sign up sheet if you missed it. I am asking that anyone that does want to brew please get on the sheet by the...
  8. John Pursglove

Icarus fundraiser with Brewery Strong

I saw this on Facebook and figured I would share if anyone is interested. Calling all home brewers! Brewery Strong is pleased to announce our very first Big Brew Day! We have partnered with the wonderful people at @icarusbrewing to have you observe the brewing process at their 10 barrel...
  9. John Pursglove

Iron Hill Brew with a legend

I just ran across this. They seem to do it every year. I remember entering a few years ago and may do so again this time. https://www.ironhillbrewery.com/brew-with-a-legend
  10. John Pursglove

Interested in being a full time pro brewer?

My friend Chris over at Red White and Brew texted me asking if I knew of any brewers looking for work. They are looking for a full time head brewer. http://redwhiteandbrewbeercompany.com/available-positions/c39f4bef-bdf8-4806-b7b9-5dc60ab69104
  11. John Pursglove

Barrel Preperation

I got a 5 gallon rye whiskey barrel for Christmas. I brewed an imperial type red ale about 9%. I had a few questions about getting the barrel ready to use. I know some people say to fill with water. Should the water be hot or boiling? Supposedly the whiskey was not dumped too long ago but...
  12. John Pursglove

Mead question

I made a semi-sweet mead FG 1.0.15 @ 10.5% with Hawaiian Lehua honey and Sundew yeast. I really like it. I have it cold crashing now. I tried a little sample tonight when it was cold and still. I really enjoyed it. I am wondering if a mead at 10.5% would be good carbonated and kegged or...
  13. John Pursglove

20# co2 fill /exchange

I picked up a 20 Pound Co2 tank. Any recommendations on filling/exchanging. I
  14. John Pursglove

Mexican Stout

I recall someone pouring a mexican stout at Big Brew day. I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of brewing one myself. Any help will be appreciated. I have found a few recipes online but they are all over the place. Thanks. John
  15. John Pursglove

Water chemistry

Hi I am wondering if anyone has a general idea of the water profile for the Audubon NJ area. We use NJ American Water. I contacted them but they sent me partial information from like 10 years ago. Thanks.
Back