Search results

1. John C

AHA changes

https://allaboutbeer.com/homebrewers-conference-2024/ Changes afoot to scale back the annual AHA convention.
  2. John C

Flying Fish Brewery demise

I see the previously announced acquisition of FF by Cape May fell through and FF has announced they are filing for bankrupcy...
  3. John C

Burlington County water profile

I have seen this before and want to update my records. Does anyone have the typical water profile for this area (Moorestown).
  4. John C

Decline in homebrewing

https://apple.news/AC0pAbLQUThm2YTxJzsXBKg Here is a well done article about the declining participation in homebrewing that I think would be worth reading. Maybe a topic for discussion at one of our meetings.
  5. John C

Cape May acquires Flying Fish

Wow, this is a surprise. FF is a much larger operation. What drove this? Did they get themselves extended in the new digs?
  6. John C

Supplies Options.

With the closure of Philly Homebrew Jersey, there are no outlets in S Jersey that I know of to get supplies (grains, yeast, hops, equipment) . What do others do or plan to do to? Drive over to Philly or Northern Brewer?
  7. John C

Iron Hill Brew with a Legend 2023

Saw this announcement, but there is no signup link? Anyone know where to signup? CLoses on Jan1 '23
  8. John C

Mold on beer surface?

I have encountered something i have never seen before. I think it is mold on the surface of my fermented beer. See attached picture. I ferment in my garage during the winter with a heat belt to maintain the temp profile I am going for. In the summer however it becomes somewhat problematic...
  9. John C

Making Beer using only a paper bag!!?

This looks so easy, why didn't I think of this.
  10. John C

How to set up for notifications

Missing the announcement and subsequent sign up for the Holiday party made me check to see why I haven't seen any emails on this. I looked at my preferences in my profile and am set to get emails and notifications, yet I dont recall receiving any for anything. What am I missing that I need to do?
  11. John C

Cucamonga at dogfish Head

Frank and Frank. I beat you all down to Rehoboth to try your award winning beer - Cucamonga. Mosy excellent and well deserved. Cheers.
  12. John C

How to regulate pressure on 2 kegs

I have a 2 keg system with a gas splitter to feed both. The regulator on the CO2 cylinder measured the gas pressure in both kegs which is adjustable to the style of beer I have. My problem is finding a way to change the pressure to be unique for each style. For my Saison I need pressure over...
  13. John C

Dogfish Head and Boston Brewing to merge

Don't know if any saw this but The # 2 and #13 craft brewers are merging. Appropriately they hatched the deal over a pint:p https://www.brewbound.com/news/boston-beer-company-and-dogfish-head-agree-to-merge-in-300-million-deal
  14. John C

Sanitizing lines

Now that I have gone to kegging, I am finding it impossible to dry my lines, some of which are long (6ft?). Since these can be used to transfer kegged beer into bottles (ie put up some stock) I am concerned about contamination to the bottled beer. The lines either have fittings or are too...
Back