By the glass flavoring

Joe Peters

Hey all...I have a very vice base porter that I enjoy as simply a good porter. I would like to be able to flavor by the glass with say Chocolate Habanero or Peanut Butter Chocolate...essentially flavors you want now and again but not a full corny keg of. Any thoughts appreciated...I was hoping for a homemade flavor versus artificial extracts, but open to anything

There's a couple of things you could try. Easiest would probably to make a tincture by soaking your flavoring in a neutral spirit like Vodka for a few days, filtering it out so it's only liquid left, then dosing your glass by a drop or two at a time until it gets to the flavor you want. I've tried this a few times.

If you're doing a draft system you could hook up a Randal or something like that in an inline for some flavoring, but that might be more for an evening of enjoying a beer and not a single glass (also it'd be pretty wasteful if it wasn't for a party or something like that.

I don't know if anyone else has dosed by the glass in any other ways, but hopefully if they have, they'll chime in.

There's a couple of things you could try. Easiest would probably to make a tincture by soaking your flavoring in a neutral spirit like Vodka for a few days, filtering it out so it's only liquid left, then dosing your glass by a drop or two at a time until it gets to the flavor you want. I've tried this a few times.

If you're doing a draft system you could hook up a Randal or something like that in an inline for some flavoring, but that might be more for an evening of enjoying a beer and not a single glass (also it'd be pretty wasteful if it wasn't for a party or something like that.

I don't know if anyone else has dosed by the glass in any other ways, but hopefully if they have, they'll chime in.

Thanks Chris

Back