DIY Quick Carb

Same pump and T. I swapped out the 1/2 size barb for smaller so i wouldn't have to play with differnt hose sizes

You can get the tee, stone and 2 1/4" mfl fittings from brewhardware.com for $28 (+shipping). The mfls are soooo much better. I had an order going and couldn't resist.

Is there any concern about beer going into the air stone? Maybe have it filled with sanitizer and open co2 then start the beer flow and sacrifice a few ounces?
Can't wait to try mine on an Imperial Black IPA real soon.

Video on facebook of it in action

@John Eaton i had all lines filled with sanatizer, then connected gas line to blow out, after that connected liquid out and filled the primary lines. Then connected liquid in and turned on gas to pressurize then started pump. Some may have backed in to the gas line but would have been minimal

So my initial run came out flat, however i think i know why. It seems my pump generates more pressure in the line than what the Blichmann charts calls for. Once I upped the presser by 10psi i can see the gas mixing in.

This may take some trial and error

I too have to crank up the pressure over Binchmans chart by about 10 PSI. I am thinking of lengthening the return hose so the beer has longer to absorb the CO2 before it goes back into keg. I noticed the Binchman has a long, coiled hose

I'm amping up my version, soon to be revealed. With a literally overflowing box full of wall warts and power supplies, the only one with the right volts (and amps) is dead. Sigh. Now i have to build one.

so the longer hose and making sure there was ZERO pressure in the keg to begin with worked 10x better. Still had to go up 10psi from the chart but it was a success!!!

Everyone of these setups i see are sitting outside the cooler. Why is that? Makes no sense since you want it as cold as possible for best absorption.

Back