Duotight Fittings?

Brian Pylant

South Jersey FC Member
Anyone using these in their kegerator? I'm about to embark on a complete re-do of the interior of mine (new main regulator, four-way secondary, all new lines and fittings, plus flow control faucets) and I'm considering switching to these rather than traditional barbs and MFLs.

Just wondering if there are any "gotchas" I need to know about, or any advice in general. (Edit: or if they're worth it at all... I don't really change or disconnect/reconnect lines very often, outside of the QD for the kegs.)

Thanks!

PS. The inner plastic lining of my chest freezer has cracked and broken off in places, and the underlying metal is very rusty. I'm thinking of cleaning it up and coating it with Flex Seal or something like that -- if the guy can make a boat out of chain link fence, it should work to cover the bottom of the keezer, no? :)

I've seen the suggestion for Duotight lately and it's intriguing.
About a year or so ago I switched out my fittings inside my keezer to be all ball lock QD, so everything is connected with "jumper lines" that I can also use to move beer between kegs, or push sanitizer from keg to keg to purge with CO2, easily swap out or clean lines, or quickly connect to my bottle filler.
I'm pretty happy with it.
Keezer QD.jpglast_straw QD.jpg

Anyone using these in their kegerator? I'm about to embark on a complete re-do of the interior of mine (new main regulator, four-way secondary, all new lines and fittings, plus flow control faucets) and I'm considering switching to these rather than traditional barbs and MFLs.

Just wondering if there are any "gotchas" I need to know about, or any advice in general. (Edit: or if they're worth it at all... I don't really change or disconnect/reconnect lines very often, outside of the QD for the kegs.)

Thanks!

PS. The inner plastic lining of my chest freezer has cracked and broken off in places, and the underlying metal is very rusty. I'm thinking of cleaning it up and coating it with Flex Seal or something like that -- if the guy can make a boat out of chain link fence, it should work to cover the bottom of the keezer, no? :)
Brian I think the Flex seal would work great. Duo tight seems nice but I think what Matt did with the ball lock connectors is even better if you already have ball lock fittings all over the place then it makes sense. That is the way will I go when I upgrade my keezer one day.

I'm of the opinion to keep your collar...and buy the $170 7.0cuft freezer at Sam's club. I can't go into duo tight.....as I use all sanke sixtels and use D couplers

I’m in the process of converting my stuff over to duotight. I overhauled the whole kegerator at my parent’s shore house and I really like it so far…. So I took the plunge for my setup at home too. Ive been using similar john guest connectors like it for years with some misting systems, so I had familiarity with it all.

My only real complaint is that you can’t get ALL of the fittings from keg land in the US. I want the little elbow male/female connector to tighten up the way my lines are laid out.

Biggest recommendation is to make sure you have a good clean cutting tool.

Back