Fermentation chamber modification

Matt Talbot

South Jersey FC Member
Anyone ever moved the “freezer” shelf on their fermentation chamber to a a vertical position?
I’m only concerned about the refrigerant tubing and pinching or cracking it. Anyone have success or suggestions?
@Timothy Weisneck ??

Attachments

• 3BB2E043-2195-4B92-B1D6-096BA3FDA458.jpeg
    3BB2E043-2195-4B92-B1D6-096BA3FDA458.jpeg
    716.1 KB · Views: 21
I did it in my first kegerator. For the lines to the freezer "plate," just bend the carefully. To bend the plate flat, I found directions that called for putting a 2x4 on either side of the corner and using clamps to slowly and evenly press it flat. I then bend the lines so the plate was against the back wall. I had no issues with it keeping temps or anything. The job wasn't hard, it was just a little scary.

Edit: Oh yeah, make sure everything is nice and warm when you do it; things are more likely to break if you have it cold.

Edit2: Not sure if this is the info I found when I did it, but it looks similar: http://s238.photobucket.com/user/ClaudiusB/library/Incubator under construction?sort=6&page=1

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Not going to flatten the freezer "plate", just bend to vertical for more headspace for the fermenter.

That was easy! I thought the refrigerant tubing would be less pliable. Gained about 5” of room for blowoff tube or airlock. Will add a computer fan to circulate air.

Attachments

• 5DF2EB1F-CC2A-4A3D-B5D9-E0C5F6BE4DC8.jpeg
    5DF2EB1F-CC2A-4A3D-B5D9-E0C5F6BE4DC8.jpeg
    629.3 KB · Views: 16
Back