New Forum Software

I want to see if I can edit the signatures to not include those rich links. It makes the threads too long and too busy when a regular link would work fine. Did you put them in like that or was it done by the software automatically when you put links to untappd, facebook, etc?

Okay, that's what I'll see if I can disable. I don't like it when signatures are as big as the entire post is, it makes it really hard to scroll through a thread (and slows the forum down, which with the problems I've been having with Dreamhost the last two days, would be a good idea.)

Maybe it's just me but those links still just are so in your face compared to the look of the forum software itself which is so clean. I think its the images/boxes as much as it is anything else. The forum is in a muted blue and pastel colors and then you get the giant BAM blue facebook link. And the images don't align which drives me crazy, too ...

But, like I said, maybe it's just me. Let me see what sort of add-ons are available for signatures, too.

Yeah, I personally prefer that! Even if they were on separate lines, the fact that they fit the style of the board wouldn't impact the scrolling "feel"

I was also looking to see if there was a forum add-on that would only show signatures once per post (or once per page) but the only one I found doesn't seem to be maintained.

We're not active enough that I can't just talk to anyone that has a large signature that would be better off (IMO of course) being smaller.

Good idea, but it's only compatible to version 1.2 and we're on 1.5

I think version 1.3 added additional signature options that obsoleted this add-on, but didn't have the size restrictions.

FYI, I just noticed that all the forums and threads I was watching with the old software are no longer watched with the new. You might want to check yours so you don't miss stuff.

That's interesting because all of mine were still watched. There's a chance that there was a conversion problem depending on HOW you were watching them on the old one because there's always some chance of conversion problems ..

So I have it set to watch all forums, but it does t give me all threads by default. I can see any new thread isn't added to my watched list

So I have it set to watch all forums, but it does t give me all threads by default. I can see any new thread isn't added to my watched list

I think that's correct. If you're watching a forum, you should be notified if there's a new thread. But that thread itself won't be added to your watch-list unless you watch that separately. Unless that's not what you're seeing ...

Correct that is what I am seeing.
on the old software I would watch forum and that filtered down to all the threads in there

I don't really understand how the old software forum watching worked, but all of its notifications were wonky and not really how I'd expect a modern forum software to work. I think this one at least make sense but if you got used to something on the old one it might take some getting used to the new one.

I don't know about anyone else, but I just use the "New Posts" link at the top.

Chris, just noticed an anomaly. I tried to edit a post on my samsung tablet, it opened in a popup window but the on screen keyboard wont stay open. It flashes up and goes away. No matter where i clicked it was the same. Ive not seen this on any other site. Could still be my device of course....
Yet it works on this post. Very odd.

Chris, just noticed an anomaly. I tried to edit a post on my samsung tablet, it opened in a popup window but the on screen keyboard wont stay open. It flashes up and goes away. No matter where i clicked it was the same. Ive not seen this on any other site. Could still be my device of course....
Yet it works on this post. Very odd.
Well buy cheap get cheap..........

Back