New Guy Introduction

JamesHolland

Hi all, James Holland here. Brewing since 2012/2013. Started with a Mr. Beer kit in Virginia Beach VA. I now live in Maple Shade and have upgraded a few things. :lol:

I enjoy mostly dark beer like stouts and porters. I'm not a hop head at all, but I will try anything. I also really enjoy saisons and fruit beer as well. My first few batches were pretty mediocre, but my most recent bottled one has a lot of potential ( I think ). I have what I call a New Zealand Special Bitter fermenting now that I hope to bottle on the 7th.

I'll be attending my first meeting on the 3rd. I'm assuming I should bring samples, right? I have 4 litres of what was supposed to be a honey porter but is really more of a Honey Brown Ale bottled, carbed, and ready to taste. Is that enough?

Really excited to join! I look forward to meeting everybody and making some new friends!

Welcome to the club!
Yes, feel free to bring samples to share. Most people bring a 12 or 22 oz bottle or 2 to share, maybe a growler, and different ones if they have them. 4 liters is a bit much as you will see!

Welcome to the club. I already like you....i started on a Mr.
Beer kit and also live in Maple Shade.

See you in January!

Hey James, one other thing: when you come to Spellbound for the meeting park around back and use the door next to the loading dock. They like to keep the main door closed so people don't think they are open for business.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Talbot said:
Hey James, one other thing: when you come to Spellbound for the meeting park around back and use the door next to the loading dock. They like to keep the main door closed so people don't think they are open for business.
Cheers!

Great info, thanks! I'll try to stop by early for a pint or two, as well.

Back