STC1000+ Flash Party

John Eaton

South Jersey FC Member
As was mentioned in the Control Panel Build thread that Fish started, I've ordered some of the flashable STC1000 controllers. I have 3 available for anyone looking to get one, $22 each, plus a homebrew.

If anyone is interested in learning more about these flashable units, and their programmable fermentation temp steps, or wants to flash one, or buy 1 to flash, I'll be holding a DIY night again at my shop in Edgewater Park date TBD after BBD.

Anyone that is interested please reply so I can get an idea of interest. If anyone wants to order them flashed, or flashed and mounted in a cool case, or unflashed, you can get them from here:
http://www.brewsbysmith.com/

John, I'm interested in purchasing one of these units and learning more. Thanks. I am going to miss Big Brew Day. Can you bring the unit to the May monthly meeting?

Ryan,

Yes I can bring it to the meeting, but these are currently unflashed units. I'll have the setup to flash them, including pre-setting your 6 favorite fermentation schedules, at the DIY night in a couple weeks.
Or are you looking for the standard ones?

I am not looking for the standard one, I would like to flash it. I'm looking forward to learning more at the DIY night. Thanks for organizing this.

Time to get some feedback to set a date. In case I'd not noted it, I'm shooting for weeknights, not weekends.
What about 19/20/21 or following week, 27 or 28th? I'm not against multiple nights if 1 date does not work for all.
Ryan, I know you are booked into June, so I'll do another round in a month or so, maybe combined with other projects.

I've had the controllers since April. Been wating for -anyone- to respond on dates that work for them.
Thing's are crazy at my shop right now, but I'm open to any suggested weeknights.

Dan,

As of now any night next week (mon-thu) would work. However sometimes work gets in the way.
Anyone else interested?

I am interested, and will have ability to meet next week (June 8 - 12; any night besides the 10th). Can any of those nights work for you John, Dan?

I generally work til 730pm, so it's kinda hard for me to meet anyone unless after that is OK. Wednesdays I can't do, but I can make the other nights that late.

Looks like Wed the 10th does not work for both of you so how about the 11th? After 7:30 is fine with me.
703 Van Rossum Ave Edgewater Park unit 1C.

Last call!
Since this is a public thread let me know if you need the address. I'll be working there all day so you don't have to wait till 7:30 to show up.

Edit: DOAH address is posted here.

Dan,
that's a bummer. As it stands right now I should be OK for tomorrow, but I have to go to the office for the day, and can't be at my shop till after 6.

Ryan, you out there? I'm here it you still want to stop by tonight.

Ryan made it last night just in time, and we got his unit flashed, reviewed the profile settings, and talked about wiring. I'll see if I can't find a good link to wiring options. There is no shortage of them on HBT, but weeding through them can be a challenge.

Dan, I should be good for tonight. Are you still looking at 7:30 ish?

Here's a good thread on HBT, several variations of mounting and wiring. For anyone that is electrically challenged I can provide some additional support, maybe another night. Or even a consult at future meetings.....

Back