Stuck Hex Nut on Beer Line

timdalyiii

So I guess I suffered from extreme muscle atrophy during quarantine. I have a keg coupler and cannot get the hex nut on the beer line to budge. Are there any tricks to it or do I just need to find someone younger and stronger than me?

This is not my exact coupler, but this is the son of a gun that I'm fighting with. I tried soaking it in hot water.

1623680179282.png

Last edited:
So I guess I suffered from extreme muscle atrophy during quarantine. I have a keg coupler and cannot get the hex nut on the beer line to budge. Are there any tricks to it or do I just need to find someone younger and stronger than me?

This is not my exact coupler, but this is the son of a gun that I'm fighting with. I tried soaking it in hot water.

View attachment 238
Flip it upside down and clamp it in a vice to hold it while you use a large wrench. You can also extend your wrench with a piece of pipe on the end for more leverage when you have it clamped down.

Flip it upside down and clamp it in a vice to hold it while you use a large wrench. You can also extend your wrench with a piece of pipe on the end for more leverage when you have it clamped down.
Or you could put in an empty keg to hold it while turning with a wrench. The idea here is to somehow hold the coupler while you loosen the nut.

Soak it in warm/hot water for a little. I replace couplers all the time for work. I soak them for a bit and then attach them to a keg (disengaged of course) as a solid base….aka I second @John Pursglove stated in the last comment.

Thanks. I got it off. I put the bolt end in a table clamp. Slit a long Philips head through the tap. Gave me enough leverage to turn it and get it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back